As promised, here is a summary of the conversation had with a 3rd party source about Nexon's whole reaction on this. This 3rd party spoke to a current Nexon employee. The Nexon employee is a contract worker, and from what Ican gather this person is most likely some kind of QA tester, but also sits in meetings for upcoming content/direction of GMS.
The reason I am telling you all this now, instead of before was that this source was unverifiable. But, this Nexon employee has shared that the memo would contain certain bits of information, and that turned out to be the exact case with the response memo today. So, whille not completely trustworthy, I am more comfortable now sharing this information with you.
Please do keep in mind that some of these points are the opinton of the Nexon employee and his/her bias.
1) Right now GMS is scrambling to make their ends meet the server issues and lack of contenitfor the next few months. We kind of figured this was the case.
2) KMS has been allocated more resources to make up for lost ground/Destiny. This kind of seems to be the case as KMS has stated they have "doubled" their development team in recent monthis and that in the Destiny/ showcase they are "behind" and apologized for the later than normal release schedule.
3) GMS doesn't answer to Won-Ki/KMS. GMS has it's own directorand only answers to Nexon HQ in Japan.Savageace is justa liaison, and hies limited control. He writes a list of thiings he wants to do and has to get approval overseas before acting. Tlis falls in line with our understanding that NexonNA is just apublishing company.
4) GMS is more or less on their own at the moment, as resources are scarce and whatever is available is going to KMS. They are currently not well equipped to handle this mess.
5) Nexon doesnt lke this boycott(lol)
6) This Nexon employee's opinton isithiat this actually hurts the image of GMS than helps it.Fears that it may lead to decreased funding to GMS or a shutdown in worst case scenario.
7) Part of this issue is that the GMS team had been overhauled twice over in 2021.
8) "Our hands are tied" regarding certain issues.Don't know the details on what issues specifically though.